Since 2003, every year, an abandoned industrial salt refinery on an island in Hallein, Austria, opens up, for ten days, to host around 300 Smiths and their ideas. We physically gather in order to get inspired, network, create, present and share. Schmiede provides a basic cooperative prototyping environment and an infrastructure full of impulses and passionate people.
- late September
- Pernerinsel in Hallein, Salzburg, Austria.
- till July 31st 65€ then 85€ (when accepted)
- We process Applications on:
- regular: May 31st - late: July 5th - latelate: you need to contact us after filling out the form.
- Application reply emails are sent:
- regular: June 15th - late: July 15th - latelate: when we get to it, but summer and stuff... (Please check your spam folders)
- Age limit:
The program of Schmiede is work in progress till midsummer. Find all our print medias since 2010 here.
The reason for this is that what actually will happens depends heavily on
the projects and people participating each year.
As a reference, here is the program of Schmiede15: READY:
Day 1 (We.) - Arrival and FirstPresentationDay, SalzburgMediaArtGrant, Opening
Day 2 - 4 (Th. - Sa.) - Impuls and Learning: Talks, Workshops, Sharing, Performences
Day 5 (Su.) - TransitionDay
Day 6 - 9 (Mo.-Th.) - WorkPhase
Day 7 (Tu.) - At 17:00 general SchmiedeWorkShowMeeting
Day 8 (We.) - At 15:00 the SchmiedeWorkShowForm must be completed.
Day 9 (Th.) - The plan for the Workshow is finalized and printed.
Day 9 (Th.) - Setting up, testing and cleaning up as well as out what is not needed.
Day 10 (Fr.) - SetUp and Present day. Do whatever possible on another day.
Day 10 (Fr.) - At 19:00 SchmiedeWorkShow opens doors.